Posts in this category are about learning of Quraan.
Al-Kitaab (The Holy Quraan) is the word of Allah, sent to us through Prophet Muhammad (Sallaho Alaihe Wasallaam).
Quraan was sent to be read, to be understood, to be acted upon, and to be made a part of life so as to demonstrate “Islam”. However, most of us do not do all these things due to a variety of reasons.
In a humble endeavour, I have tried to study Quraan, and present its contents in the order of Soorah Al-Fateha.
Soorah Al-Fateha is the “opening” of Quraan. Tremendous significance has been placed upon this Soorah, in Ahaadees. It is also called Umm-ul-Kitaab (“the Mother of the Book”) and Sab’a al-Masaani or seven repeated verses (as per verse 15:87 of the Quran).
Verses of Soorah Al Fateha, when broken down into subjects, result into following main-headings:
- Allah – Grace and Attributes (Verse 1, 2, 3).
- Judgment Day and Thereafter (Verse 4).
- Prayers of Saliheen (Verse 5, 6).
- Right Path [Sirat al Mustaqeem] / Path of Righteous People (DOs) (Verse 6) ….. [It includes Facts, Narratives & Examples, Orders & Instructions and Specific Address].
- Wrong Path / Path of Wrath-ed and Astray people (DON’Ts) (Verse 6)….. [It includes Facts, Narratives & Examples, Orders & Instructions and Specific Address].
Thus, in summary, Quraan talks of 5 subject: Allah’s Greatness, Aakhirat, Prayers, DOs and DON’Ts. Indeed in essence, Islam is all about these five things.
In my view, each and every aayat of Quraan falls in one or more of the above categories.
The study is being carried out with specific regard to essence of Aayat 7 of Soorah Aal-e-Imran..
“It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise – they are the foundation of the Book – and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, “We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord.” And no one will be reminded except those of understanding.”