Allah – Grace and Attributes
- Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists), He Has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood). Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous, Who has taught (the writing) by the pen, Has taught man that which he knew not.
Right Path (DOs)
- Tell me, if he (Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) is on the guidance (of Allah)? Or enjoins piety?
- Nay! (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him))! Do not obey him (Abu Jahl). Fall prostrate and draw near to Allah!
Wrong Path (DON’Ts)
- Nay! Verily, man does transgress all bounds (in disbelief and evil deed, etc.). Because he considers himself self-sufficient. Surely! Unto your Lord is the return. Have you (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) seen him (i.e. Abu Jahl) who prevents, A slave (Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) when he prays?
- Tell me if he (the disbeliever, Abu Jahl) denies (the truth, i.e. this Qur’an), and turns away? Knows he not that Allah does see (what he does)? Nay! If he (Abu Jahl) ceases not, We will catch him by the forelock, A lying, sinful forelock! We will call the guards of Hell (to deal with him)!