- The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.
- Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.
- Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.
- But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated.
- The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.
- There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
- Courage is grace under pressure.
- There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
- I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?